“Dear Members and friends,
Thank you for electing me as president of the FACC Los Angeles. I am proud to represent such a great non-profit organization and will do my best to fulfill our mission: Helping and assisting businesses to open develop and succeed in California with the support of our members and creating a network for the local business to develop business between them.
First, I would like to thank the previous board for the tremendous job they have done over the years and the former president Samuel Loy who not only built the FACC from scratch but helped it thrive until COVID19 hit us all very hard.
Time has passed rather quickly as we’ve continued to live and work in a social limbo, with more and more of our normal face-to-face interactions being conducted via video platforms.
While I do not know about the evolution of COVID-19, I sincerely hope we will transition to a more normal life over the next few months.
In this letter, I will lay my vision for the future of FACC Los Angeles.
I believe that we all agree on the mission statement of our chamber:
- Assisting French company to succeed in California but also establish initiatives to improve their operation.
- On the other hand, the mission of FACC is to help FACC Members increase their business through a structured, positive, and professional referral program that enables them to develop long-term, meaningful relationships with like-minded professionals.
- I will need the help of all board members to make this vision true.
More specifically, our tasks will include:
- Rebuild our membership packages
- A calendar of events both in person and virtual, featuring professional speakers and panels on the following non-exclusive topics:
- How to buy or sell a company with an M&A specialist?
- How to hire/fire and follow the employment rules in California?
- How to invest your money in the current time
- How to get a green card while on E2?
- How to develop social marketing for your firm?
- How to hire and sponsor a VIE / J1?
- Private dinners in the same format as organized in the past
- Annual Gala
To achieve these goals, we are committed to:
- Building a new modern web platform. The platform will encompass the following ideas:
- Presentation of the FACC and statement
- A clear and professional directory for member
- A job board is fully automated to help members and firm to recruit
- A fully automated enrollment
- Event display and management
- Developing Social Media communication must be done for the FACC and our members
- Hiring new resources
- Implementing Strategic committees
- Holding monthly virtual calls to introduce new members to our community
Looking Forward, Never Back. Our main priorities through 2022 are:
- Business Strong – Creating an environment where FACC and Local Businesses can thrive
- Chamber Strong – Creating a strong, sustainable Chamber.
A strong economic environment requires a strong community. We are truly fortunate to have leaders, business owners, and citizens who realize that we all share the responsibility of creating economic success and happiness within our community.
As the new President, I am thrilled to work alongside our dedicated Board members who all share the same vision for business growth and a healthy community environment.
These are challenging economic times filled with uncertainty and doubt. But this is also a time of opportunity – a chance to become more agile and align your business with customer needs in new ways. These are the times when new and creative ways of doing business are born.”